Friday, February 17, 2006

Quick update

It's been so busy lately. We sold our home, and have staked a claim on property in Texas. I figure we'll need to be out of our current place some time near the end of April. We'll rent for a while in a place near where we live now before heading down some time in the summer. So in the next several weeks we'll have to get all of our stuff out of our place and put some in storage and get rid of some.

Because of the move--the busy-ness of the coming weeks and the shortness of time until we leave for Texas--my wife, Kim, and I are slowly backing out of our ministry responsibilities. I'm also still looking for employment in Texas--nothing for sure yet. Thankfully I have made some connections with people in upper management, who are letting others know about my job hunt. For the past 18 months or so, Kim and I have felt assured this is God's will, so we know He won't lead us astray. He may not work on our timetable, but He's never late. Kim is pretty much assured of employment, so I'm thankful for that. My position with my current company is by no means assured. There have been several downsizings since I've been in my current division, and from what I can see I'm very near to being the next one out whenever another downsizing occurs. So I'll most definitely need to find another job one way or the other. It doesn't look good for my current company--there are very few job openings of any kind available in the whole country, and nothing for my skills. Oh well. God has known this day would come.

We also have made slow but sure progress in our adoption paperwork. The dossier is a threatening pile of to-dos, but we know we have to take it one step at a time.

Our ongoing challenge with our medical insurance continues. I don't know how many hours I've spent on the phone trying to straighten things out. And each time it seems to be fixed, either something else happens with that situation or another problem develops with a different medical issue.

I do want to keep this blog going, and believe I will once things settle down a bit. Many thanks to those of you who still stop in every now and then to see how it's going or to say hello. God bless you, and God willing I'll be back.

10 Comments:

At 11:41, Blogger eph2810 said...

Well, I still have subscribed to your RSS feed, so I know when you post :).
I know that God will lead you to a job that is fulfilling to you and is just the right one. Like you said, God is never late. His timing is perfect.:)
I hope that your adoption will go work out soon. It will be a blessing to the child...
Living in His grace~Eph2810

 
At 12:45, Anonymous Eric said...

Jeff! It is good to see you back! I know that God has been with you in all the "busyness"...we will be praying for you as you work on your dossier. I know it's a long time but it trust me...it is all worth the final results! In His Name...Erc

 
At 15:21, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

I hope that you continue to post and I hope that you had a fantabulous birthday yesterday! It's the same as mine!!

 
At 08:02, Blogger Jude said...

Here from C.C.'s blog to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good move!

 
At 10:52, Anonymous cassie-b said...

Happy Birthday!

And good luck on the Texas move. I lived there a while back and loved it.
Cas

 
At 17:08, Blogger Cybez said...

(a late one via CC)...hope you had a gr8 day!!!!

 
At 23:03, Anonymous rob said...

I hope you continue to post, it's a nice blog. I got here from another blog has linked you. Congratulations on your move and I hope you are settled in soon.

 
At 18:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

god does not exist. When are you religious nuts going to wake up and smell reality? There are loads of different religions in the world. You can’t all be right. Religion’s just for weak-minded people that can’t accept how crappy and pointless life is. You’re born - you live - you die. Yes, it’s depressing and is all we have but come on, you don’t have to spend your whole life in a fantasy in denial of what’s really going on. I mean even if there was a god, I doubt he'd want everyone kissing his ass every 2 seconds. I thought the whole point of life was to live it, not to suck up to some supposed higher-being. Plus I don’t need some contradictory book to moralise me. I have my own sense of morality and my own mind and conscience. It really gets on my nerves that when some atrocity happens people ask "where was god?" "Why didn't he help them?" explanation? Just another case of people being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That’s all. People die. The human body is just another sack of blood, meat and bones walking around blind on this stupid planet. Sure, we're more advanced then other creatures. we're self aware, more complex and have expanded out from mere instinct but overly we are the same - another creature with a set lifespan that will eat, drink, talk, work, fight, cry and ultimately, die. We just think that we're "something other than animals" wrong, we are the same, but different. There is nothing special about us. I just wish people would wake up and stop believing in religious nonsense. Believe what you want to believe but don’t effect the world, don’t consider yourselves superior to others, don’t drag the rest of humanity down with you. Religion and war will be the end of us all. Until we realise how fragile we are, we won’t stop breaking each other. If I see a reply with the word “jesus” “god” or some quoted bullshit, I’ll be forced to smack you all with a wet fish. Oh, and predictably someone will call me a “religious bigot” I want to say “so? Religion isn’t real, isn’t based in reality, it is simply what people believe. Such as I think I have the ability to make people die when looking at them. It’s not true or real but I may believe it. So to basically say to me ‘you are intolerant of crazy people’s stupid beliefs and opinions’ is really just stating the obvious.” Religion is dumbing down the world. It’s making people deluded and irrational. People don’t question it, they just follow like sheep. They don’t think for themselves and that is what makes religion dangerous. I’m going to come to my own conclusions through life about life, not have my logic pushed aside by some questionable book. If you believers think I am going to go to hell because of not believing or whatever, so be it. I don’t care about being seen as a “sinner” in the eyes of your god, all I care about is being the best person I can be and live my life the best I can. I don’t need to confess anything to anyone, especially some shady guy in a wooden photo booth. I know the difference between right and wrong and I’m insulted that whatever religious people think otherwise! I’m open minded but I’m not a fool. Go pray yourselves into comas.

 
At 17:59, Blogger Jeff said...

Eph, I thank you for your faithfulness to my blog, and your caring words. I'd certainly understand if after my long absence I disappeared from your bookmarks, etc. If so I'll try to track you down again.

Eric, thanks for your encouraging words. For some reason I couldn't open up your link, other than to see you are a daddy again. An adoptive daddy? You've probably told me before, but I've been so out of the loop. I'll try to get it at it again. We have put the adoption on hold while we prepare to move in and get jobs (my wife was provided, by the Lord's good grace, a job she's dreamed about--directorship of a new day care in a church we are joining.

Complimenter, happy very belated birthday! (though early for 2007). Thank you for your well wishes, and for encouraging me to keep on posting.

Jude, thank you too.

Cassie, thank you, and come on back. The temperature has pretty much been mid-90s or higher here for the past several weeks, quite often over 100. We're getting a house that's much bigger than our NJ townhouse, so I am not eager to receive our first AC bill.

Cyberscribe, I know all about being late, so I'll gladly take your belated wishes.

Rob, I appreciate your blessings on my blog. My understanding of blogging is very basic, but I pray God can use it to touch people.

Anonymous, God loves you. That's a revelation I pray your eyes are one day opened to. I won't be able to convince your mind of that because your spirit is at enmity with the Spirit of God. I pray He also brings peace and joy to your life.

All, God's blessings to you. I'll slowly but surely be trying to get back to your blogs.

Jeff

 
At 05:10, Blogger Manikandan said...

Hi. nice blog.Ihad already posted my resume in many job sites.Now I think that your blog
is best for free job posts
thanks........

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home