Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Our son is so gifted

My wife and I, along with her friend, watched our son's school production of Christmas Comes to Detroit Louie (see yesterday's post). He performed so well. I look forward to seeing him continue to blossom and show the world the gift God has given him. He doesn't merely recite in monotone. He gets into the character. That's quite special for a young teen. There's another play coming up in the Spring. Not sure what it is yet, but my wife and I are looking forward to it.

If you get a chance, read the script. There's a definite Christian message within. Being a public school, they had to tone it down somewhat, but I think they did mention the Bible and the "baby in the manger," so that's better than a lot of public schools. From what I could tell, there were no outcries of protest against it. Also, our son prayed with the other kids prior to the rehearsal and the play. He said it was OK since it was student initiated.

I pray that the true message of Christmas got through to the people who were watching. That the kids prayed in advance leads me to be encouraged about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home