Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Depraved Iranian President

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claims the Holocaust is a myth, and that Israel should be moved or wiped off the map.

Because of his power of office and of influence, Hitler and his propaganda machine convinced millions of Europeans that the Jews were deserving of sub-human status and, ultimately, extinction. President Ahmadinejad status will no doubt lead many Iranians to follow suit. Israel and the Jews have not exactly been honored by Europeans and the Middle East, so this will add fuel to an already smoldering fire. Unless there continues to be widespread denunciation of these comments, and unless the Iranian government itself takes President Ahmadinejad to task, a major conflagration could result.

The Bible says that to whom much is given, much will be required (Luke 12:48). The Lord has allowed the Iranian president his power (Romans 13:1), so that president is responsible to consider his thoughts before he puts them into words, especially knowing he may lead millions of Iranians to believe as he does.

I wield a much smaller reign. My influence is limited to my family and, to a lesser extent, the couples group my wife and I lead. I can't be sure how much the people in our group follow my words or example, but the fact I have been granted a leadership position by my church means they expect me, along with my wife, to influence for good and for God. If we are not having an impact, our leadership is little more than figurative. Believe me, I'm far from developing a cult of personality--in fact, I am very humbled by the fact I was even considered for co-leading the group. I realize that as a leader with the potential to influence a small group of people, I am ultimately responsible to God to a greater degree than if I didn't have such authority.

Dear Lord, please help this president see how his outrageous comments can cause grave harm. Open his eyes to the truth, especially the truth of who you are. Thank You for allowing my wife and I to lead our couples group. We are humbled and honored to be chosen, and may we honor and glorify You and bless those under our care. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home