Monday, November 14, 2005

My commitment to God (past due)

Just before the terrorist attacks on our nation, I made the following commitment to God. The attacks came, and this commitment was relegated to the background. But this past weekend, our church had a wonderful speaker who challenged us to take back our towns and cities for Christ. So here, for your perusal and my accountability, is that commitment:

Dear Lord,
Up to this time I have allowed You to be my Savior but not my Lord (except when it was convenient). You never promised an easy life. You never say being a believer will yield great riches, fame, etc. In fact, ignominy is the fate of many who believe in You. Yet in your eyes the heart dedicated to You is the most beautiful asset one has. I want to please You in all I am and in all I do. I want You to receive the glory. Whatever praise I may get for your work I owe to You. So at this time I lay myself on the altar, as it were, as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1), for I know that my life is more an example of worship than is merely my singing songs of praise on Sundays. You have the reins now. I will go wherever You call. All I ask is that you help me understand that it is You who is calling me to go, and that I would be given whatever I need to go and do all You ask. I am fully aware of what I have written here and with no further delay, with no hesitation, with no excuses I now accept that my body is God's temple (1 Corinthians 6:19) and has been purchased by the wonderful and terrible sacrifice of Jesus. Thank You that I saw my need to do this, and that I am able to do this. Please help me remember this commitment to You whenever the opposing forces call. In Jesus' matchless name, Amen.
September 9, 2001

3 Comments:

At 20:37, Blogger John said...

Jeff, my prayers join with yours, '...if two or more agree on anything touching this earth, it shall be done.'

Be encouraged!
GBYAY

 
At 10:15, Blogger eph2810 said...

May the Spirit of our Lord & Savior guide you on your journey; in the matter of fact, may He all guide us until we reach our final destination.
In His grip,
<><

 
At 13:57, Blogger Jeff said...

Sorry this response is so late, but thank you. And may He indeed guide us.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home