Friday, November 18, 2005

Honesty will pay this fine man

If you found $350,000 dollars in diamonds in your taxi, would you have kept the money? Afghan immigrant Haider Sediqi didn't. I truly believe that whatever riches that money could have bought him, he'll be a far richer man for doing the right thing. Thank goodness he wasn't like the Mr. Potter in It's a Wonderful Life, who found the money lost by Uncle Billy and nearly ruined the Bailey Savings and Loan. Thank you for your honesty, Mr. Sediqi, and may the Lord bless you.

Tags: ,

3 Comments:

At 17:59, Blogger eph2810 said...

Ah - great to hear that there are still some honest people around. :)

 
At 04:45, Blogger Matt Brown said...

I must admit, it would be a hard thing for me to do, and I hope I would do it if that ever happened to me. I wonder how long he wrestled in his mind before deciding to turn them in.

 
At 10:25, Blogger Jeff said...

I'd like to think I'd be honest in such a case, but I can only be sure of what I'd do when I am actually in a situation. As for wrestling with it, I know that the longer I allowed myself to think about it, the more rationality I'd find for keepint it, so I would have to just turn it in to the authorities right away (and pray they were above board!)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home