Monday, September 26, 2005

God sets the standard for success

"For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him" (Col. 1:16, ESV).

I struggle to realize that I don't set the standards for my success. God does. I'm on this earth because he decided to use me as part of his overall plan, which is too majestic for me to comprehend. And he has created many other components that join together to form his plan. I'm just one small part. Each of us is. At times I want to see myself as being a major player, so that if I didn't do my part it would all come crashing down. Of course that's foolish. Yes, God is most pleased when we willingly and joyfully carry out his purpose for our lives, but he's not hindered when we fail. Failure is such a big part of who we are that I'm quite sure he has figured a way around it (I'm understating, of course). That he uses us at all should not boost our pridefulness but should increase our humility and gratefulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home