Thursday, August 04, 2005

Similar but oh so different!

By now you've probably guessed that I lean toward conservative principles. I typically opt for politicians who have conservative social and economic policies.

There are quite a few websites I visit that have underlying values I agree with. To a point. You see, I don't go for the name calling and other put downs that many conservatives use against liberals. As the saying goes, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." We won't change minds until we change hearts, and the harder we attack the more defensive the people we hope to change will become. As President Lincoln once said, "A drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall." We want the truth of our argument to win, not the force with which we beat others over the head with it.

I hope and pray that at least some of the things I write will bless those who agree with me and change for the better those whom the Lord sees a need to change. And may I do so in a way that the Lord can honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home